Volunteers need not be members, and members need not volunteer. Below are examples of some available volunteer opportunities. If you have other skills or interests, please let us know!
- Driving: in your own car, drive members to and from appointments or errands
- Home help: occasional visits to members’ homes to mow the lawn, change a lightbulb, move something or more, according to your skills
- Technical help with phones, computers, TVs, VCRs, and more: you don’t have to be expert in all these areas!
- Newsletter: contribute articles, interviews, photos, and more
- Join a team to recruit new members and volunteers
- Become a new member ambassador
- Join the Welcome and Friends team
Please note that all volunteers planning to work directly with members will get background checks and training. Volunteer drivers will have their driving records reviewed. To volunteer, please call 401-442-5240.